There's more to learning than reading, writing, and arithmetic! Other skills are just as important to promoting achievement and fostering a love of learning. In our events for Chicagoland PTAs and other parent groups, we'll teach you about how to develop these skills in your children!
"Clearly parents were thirsty for this topic. I appreciated having both theory and case studies presented as well as concrete suggestions for fostering the growth mindset in family life."
- Parent, talk attendee
Presentations for Parents
You may have heard about executive functioning, mindset, and motivation, but do you really know what they're all about - or what to do with them at home? And what about the testing process for college admissions and high school entrance? Downright intimidating. In our talks on these topics, we discuss the whats, whys, and hows so that you can apply practical strategies as soon as you get home! Click here to learn more about all of our presentation topics.
Executive Functioning Workshops
For a fun, interactive, and productive night out with your middle- or high-schooler, attend one of our executive functioning workshops! At these hands-on events for sixth through twelfth graders and their parents, we teach concrete strategies for organization, time management, and studying. You'll be amazed by the number of aha moments you experience during this workshop! Learn more here.
We'll work closely with you to customize a presentation or workshop for your group!
- Before the talk or workshop, one of our presenters will talk with you about your group's desired outcomes so that we can customize the presentation to your needs.
- We'll coordinate schedules to find a day and time that's convenient for you.
- We'll discuss the cost, time required, and content up front for a seamless delivery.
- You'll work closely with a coordinator who will answer any questions and address any concerns.
- After the event, we'll ask you and your group for feedback so that we can fine-tune for future audiences!
About Nurturing Wisdom
Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring offers one-on-one, in-home and online tutoring in Chicagoland, the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. Since 2005, we've customized tutoring for students of all ages for test preparation, academics, and executive functioning. We believe in the idea that it takes a village, and our team of tutors, directors, and coaches works together to help students become confident and independent learners.