We’re looking for an enthusiastic and personable individual in the Chicagoland area to join our team as a part-time tutoring director!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and personable individual in the Chicagoland area to join our team as a part-time (20 hours/week) tutoring director. Our directors coordinate 1:1 customized tutoring for students of all ages for test prep, academic subjects, and executive functioning. Tutors meet with students in their homes or online, and directors communicate with families via phone calls, emails, and Zoom.
This is a work-from-home position (and has been since the company was founded in 2005!). Once it is safe to do so, we’ll resume in-person company meetings around the Chicagoland area two to four times a month. The start-date for this position is flexible.
In their day-to-day work, directors balance urgency and patience, confidence and humility, independence and collaboration. At Nurturing Wisdom, we want everyone we work with - from families to colleagues - to say, "Wow, I'm so glad I'm working with this team!"
- Serving as families’ first point of contact, immediately impressing them with a caring, professional, and can-do attitude
- Conducting in-depth consultations with parents and students to fully grasp their educational experience, needs, goals, and timelines
- Explaining how Nurturing Wisdom’s customized instruction and dedicated team can support their child’s development
- Helping families understand and make informed decisions about the educational issues they’re working through
- Collaborating with the Nurturing Wisdom team of tutors, coaches, graders, and other directors to make strong matches, develop customized tutoring plans, celebrate progress, as well as troubleshoot and course correct
- Expanding the company’s reach by providing excellent customer service, persistently following up with leads, staying in touch with former clients, and making additional tutoring recommendations that align with family needs
- Recognizing trends, reflecting on data, and taking initiative to help the business grow
- Completing administrative duties like maintaining customer files, tracking deadlines, and following various detailed processes
- Reaching out to educational consultants, school administrators, therapists, and other new and established referral sources to spark interest in working with Nurturing Wisdom, keep them up to date on our work, and share resources
Our new director must have…
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least three years’ experience in education or other professional work with families
- Outstanding communication, organization, time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work part-time (20 hours/week) from home - we don’t have a brick and mortar office!
- Reliable transportation to travel to meetings at various Chicagoland locations (when it is safe to do so)
We offer these benefits...
- Vacation and sick days
Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring is an equal opportunity employer. Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic conditions or predispositions, or certain military and veteran status.