While we're not actively hiring for a tutoring director right now, we're always on the lookout for dedicated and personable individuals to join our team. This role involves keeping a lot of plates spinning, so if your strengths include time-management skills, a can-do attitude, and a genuine desire to help others, we’d love to hear from you! Please read more about this position below and fill out an application if you would like to be considered for a future opening.
Our dream candidate is someone who...
- Believes in the benefits of individualized education and is excited to coordinate it
- Enjoys building relationships with parents, referral sources, and co-workers
- Shares our values and follows our guiding principles
- Understands that listening is vital to understanding, efficiency, and customer service
- Finds joy in going the extra mile to make someone’s day
- Sees challenges as puzzles to solve and opportunities to build resilience
- Balances urgency and patience, confidence and humility, independence and collaboration
- Thinks creatively, takes initiative, and isn’t afraid of change
- Pays attention to detail but can also step back and spot trends
They’ll put all of that to work when they…
- Talk with prospective families about how Nurturing Wisdom’s customized instruction and dedicated team can support their child
- Get to know parents and students through in-depth consultations and regular check-ins
- Collaborate with the Nurturing Wisdom team of tutors, coaches, graders, and other directors to make strong matches, develop customized tutoring plans, celebrate progress, and course correct
- Reach out to educational consultants, school administrators, therapists, and other new and established referral sources to spark interest in working with Nurturing Wisdom, keep them up to date on our work, and share resources
Our new director must have…
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least three years’ experience in education or other work with families
- Outstanding organization, time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from home - we don’t have a brick and mortar office!
- Availability to work 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (and an additional ten hours per week), at least one evening per week, and infrequent weekend events
- Reliable transportation to travel to meetings at various Chicagoland locations once or twice a week
We offer these benefits...
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick days
- Maternity and paternity leave
At Nurturing Wisdom, we’re always learning...
Established in 2005 by a former high school teacher, Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring offers one-to-one in-home and online tutoring in Chicagoland and beyond. We customize tutoring for students of all ages for test prep, academics, and executive functioning so that they can improve scores and grades, become more confident learners, develop a growth mindset, and transfer what they've learned to other areas of their lives.
We believe in the notion that it takes a village, and our team of tutors, directors, and coaches works closely together to develop curious and independent learners. Families love working with us because of the results and because of the personal attention they receive. Our staff enjoys working for NW because we’re a welcoming and innovative company of people who are passionate about education!
Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring is an equal opportunity employer. Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.