Are you energized by making someone's day? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to help students achieve their educational goals? Are you invigorated by solving problems?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! While we're not actively hiring for a tutoring director right now, we're always on the lookout for great people to join our team. Please read more about this position below and fill out an application if you would like to be considered for future openings.
We’re looking for a dedicated and personable individual to join our growing tutoring company as a full-time tutoring director. As one of our tutoring directors, you’ll play a key role in our company by overseeing the quality and effectiveness of tutoring for your families. Your can-do attitude, people skills, and genuine desire to help others will set a positive tone for the entire tutoring experience.
You’ll work from home but get to meet with families and coworkers 1-2 times a week. Perks include support for your learning and growth, competitive pay, a supportive team of coworkers, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and parents!
As a tutoring director, you will…
- Enthusiastically talk with families about the benefits of tutoring with Nurturing Wisdom
- Consult with families to learn about students’ strengths, weaknesses, interests, and challenges
- Match students with tutors they’ll love working with
- Ensure students are on-track to achieve their educational goals through regular communication with tutors and parents
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to collaborate with other tutoring directors
- Engage in outreach efforts within your region to connect with other educators, educational consultants, and parents
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Strong company culture
- Commitment to growth and development of staff
- Collaboration with other educational professionals, including our team of tutoring directors, tutoring coaches, management, and administrative staff
- Support for new ideas, innovation, and streamlining
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working from home
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Weekday availability, including at least 2 evenings
- A car to travel to appointments
Nurturing Wisdom is a tutoring company in Chicago and San Francisco. For over a decade, we’ve helped thousands of students improve their grades, build strong executive functioning habits, and boost their test scores. Our one-on-one, in-home tutoring is customized for every student we work with.
Our families love us because we get great results and give them lots of personal attention. Our staff enjoys working for NW because we’re an innovative and friendly company of people who are passionate about education!