San Francisco Bay Area Tutoring Director
Whew! We’ve wrapped up a busy and successful first semester in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we’re excited to work with even more families! As our current director shifts to a different region, we’re in need of a new teammate to head up the Bay Area. This new tutoring director will be based in Chicagoland (with the rest of our admin team) with a focus on expanding our presence out west.
Our dream candidate is someone who...
- Believes in the benefits of individualized education and is excited to coordinate it
- Enjoys building relationships with parents, referral sources, and co-workers
- Shares our values and follows our guiding principles
- Understands that listening is vital to understanding, efficiency, and customer service
- Finds joy in going the extra mile to make someone’s day
- Sees challenges as puzzles to solve and opportunities to build resilience
- Balances urgency and patience, confidence and humility, independence and collaboration
- Thinks creatively, takes initiative, and isn’t afraid of change
- Pays attention to detail but can also step back and spot trends
They’ll put all of that to work when they…
- Talk with prospective families about how NW’s customized instruction and dedicated team can support their child
- Get to know parents and students through in-depth consultations and regular check-ins
- Collaborate with the NW team of tutors, coaches, graders, and other directors to make strong matches, develop customized tutoring plans, celebrate progress, and course correct
- Reach out to educational consultants, school administrators, therapists, and other new and established referral sources to get them excited about working with NW, keep them up to date on our work, and share resources
- Work closely with NW owners on marketing strategy/execution
Our new director must have…
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least three years’ experience in education or other work with families
- Availability to work one or two evenings a week in addition to daytime hours Monday-Friday
- 30-40 hours per week to devote to this job. Because we’re looking for just the right person, we’re open to someone looking for full-time work, as well as applicants looking to work 30 hours per week.
- Ability to work from home - we don’t have a brick and mortar office!
- A car to travel to meetings
We offer these benefits...
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
At Nurturing Wisdom, we’re always learning...
Established in 2005 by a former high school teacher, Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring offers one-to-one in-home and online tutoring in Chicagoland, the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. We customize tutoring for students of all ages for test prep, academics, and executive functioning so that they can improve scores and grades, become more confident learners, develop a growth mindset, and transfer what they've learned to other areas of their lives.
We believe in the notion that it takes a village, and our team of tutors, directors, and coaches works closely together to develop curious and independent learners. Our families love us because we get great results and give them lots of personal attention. Our staff enjoys working for NW because we’re an innovative and friendly company of people who are passionate about education!