July HSET Info: Managing AnxietyAugust 7, 2023
September HSET Info: In the KnowSeptember 25, 2023
- Carve out some time to chat with your child about what you’re both looking for in a best-fit high school. The conversation will help you fine-tune your search, give your child some ownership, and provide quality time together. We’ve created a couple of worksheets for you here and here!
- Expand your school search! Every year we hear from parents who were happily surprised by a school that didn’t initially appear on their radar. Attend open houses and parent coffees, talk with families who are currently part of a school community, and avoid making assumptions about schools.
- Create calendar reminders for high school entrance related events like school visits, test dates, application deadlines, etc. Trust me, setting up a system now will make your life so much easier later! We’ve created two versions of an admissions process tracker: a spreadsheet and a doc.
- CPS High School Admissions Test Date for Current CPS Students: Wednesday, October 11
- CPS High School Admissions Test Dates for Non-CPS Students: Saturday, October 14; Sunday, October 15; Saturday, October 21 (Registration opens September 13)
- Catholic HSPT Date: Saturday, December 2 (Check school websites for registration information)
- ISEE and SSAT Dates: There are various dates and formats for these independent high school entrance tests. Give your director a call if you need help choosing the best option. Please note that seats for pencil/paper dates fill up very quickly, and some dates conflict with CPS and HSPT dates!